According to Grace Walker, Physical & Occupational Therapist and Nutritionist, reasons for back pain during pregnancy can vary but can usually be accounted for by one of the following:
- An increase in hormones
- Gaining additional weight
- A decline in posture
- Added stress
- Decreased activity levels
Here are some Do's and Don'ts to help relieve back pain during pregnancy:
- Do use ice 10 minutes before bed.
- Do pull your belly into your spine and breathe
- Don't bend at the waist, squat instead.
- Don't twist while holding something in your arms.
- Don't sleep on your back
Call Walker Physical Therapy & Pain Center today to get started on your personalized treatment to relieve your back pain!
1111 W. Town & Country Rd. Ste. 1
Orange, CA 92868